My NCBI & Creating Alerts
Let NCBI do the hard work for you!
NCBI has created an excellent tool to help you stay on top of the most recent works published in any area of your interest! When you enter a query into PubMeb, you can create an email alert to get daily, weekly or monthly updates of new works published related to your search. Set as many email alerts as you wish; they can be edited or deleted at anytime.
To get started, if you haven’t already, create a free NCBI account to save your searches and create alerts! Here’s how:
- When visiting PubMed, click on “Sign in to NCBI” in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- Next, sign in if you already have an account. If not, click “Register for an NCBI Account.”
- After signing in/registering, continue searching in PubMed as usual.
- While searching, if you want to save a query, click “Create Alert” underneath the search bar. The save search page will appear, allowing you to name your search and get e-mail updates.
- In order to save the search but receive no alerts, click “No, thanks” under “Would you like to receive email alerts.” and then click the “Save” button.
- If you would like to receive alerts, click “Yes, please.” and choose the frequency: daily, weekly or monthly.
- Next, choose which day you would like to receive the updates, the format of the reports, and the number of items shown.
- Finally, click “Save”
You can make changes at any time when you click on “My NCBI” in the upper right hand corner of the screen and then click “Manage Saved Searches” in the “Saved Searches” module of the account page.
If you need help or have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!